Sindh

Sindh

Friday 9 September 2022

The Examined Life ____ AKSHR


The Examined Life

 

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

I have lived. And what I have lived

has been examined, argued over,

redefined, and re-remembered.

Without mercy or regret, the stories

have taken me apart and put me back together.

I am a man of some parts: my father’s son,

my mother’s brother, my wife’s husband.

An uncle and a cousin several times over;

a daughter’s father, sister's uncle.

No one thing seems to fit all of me;

I am many things, and they are not all good.

I have been generous, and I have been selfish.

I have loved too hard and punished too often.

But I know that there is no one else in the world

who has lived my life but me.

And while I cannot control everything that happens to me,

I can control what happens inside of me.

 AKSHR


 

No comments:

Post a Comment