Sindh

Sindh

Monday 11 July 2022

You're not a hippo----- AKSHR




You're not a hippo

Every person I work with
knows something better than me.
My job is to listen long enough
to find it and use it.
Without these ten people,
I'd have to be
a hippo. Or a dinosaur.
And then where would I be?
If you're not a hippo or a dinosaur,
how are you going to feel?
From the moment we wake up,
some of us try so hard
to prove that we are not the hippo
and never will be.
Some of us know what it's like
to be chased by dinosaurs.
After breakfast,
some of us go looking for the lost key
that opens another door.
Some of us know what it's like to
be locked out.
After lunch,
some of us go looking for
a deeper meaning in the world.
Some of us know
what it's like to be all alone.
After dinner,
some of us go
looking for a way to forget.
Some of us know
what it's like to be lost.
I'm not a hippo or a dinosaur
and I never will be.

AKSHR


 

No comments:

Post a Comment