Sindh

Sindh

Monday 4 July 2022

The Weaver of Her Speech, a poem ____ AKSHR


The Weaver of Her Speech, a poem 

Where shall you seek beauty, 

and how shall you find her

unless she herself be 

your way and your guide?

And how shall you speak of her 

except she be 

the weaver of your speech?

She is more vigilant 

than the guardians 

at the gates of paradise.

Without self-knowledge 

there is no true knowledge 

of the other.

Love, said Plato,

 is a sickness full of woes.

When you look

 into your own heart, 

there you find 

your love and hate;

and when you come 

to know yourself, 

then you will be known, 

and you will know that 

love is both good and evil.

The lover himself shall be loved,

 and he himself shall love.

Once upon a time

 I built myself a house out of words.

It was not a house like any other; 

it had no windows or doors;

it was just an idea I had about 

what kind of place I wanted 

my life to be in order 

that happiness 

might visit me there.

AKSHR


 

No comments:

Post a Comment