Sindh

Sindh

Monday 19 December 2022

If You Were a Book _____ AKSHR



If You Were a Book I Would Read You Over and Over Again

 

If you were a book, I would read you over and over again.

Without stopping to do anything else, I’d read you, like a child

blissfully at play.

If you were a book and I had the time, I would read you over and over again.

Without interruptions or distractions of any kind, I would read you, like a seer

reading tea leaves in a cup.

If you were a book and I had the attention span for it, I’d read you over and over again.

With no one around to distract me or pull me away from your pages, I would devour you.

I’d be hungry for new words and hungry for old ones too; only reading your lines would refresh me.

If you were a book, I would treasure what we share: that we are both objects made by human hands.

If you were a book, I would read you over and over again.

_____ AKSHR 

No comments:

Post a Comment