Sindh

Sindh

Tuesday 14 June 2022

Sufi Saint __Akshr



Sufi saint                                                              

claiming to be Sufi and nourishing ambitions is not the Sufi way,

take off your turban and throw it in the fire.

you have no idea what it means to be Sufi.

to be a ghazi, to be a Sufi saint.

you are not Sufi for your beard or for your turbans

you are not Sufi for the company you keep or for the money you give away,

you are not more Muslim than me because you read more of the Quran

and you are not less Muslim than me because you haven’t memorized it.

you are not more Muslim than me because you pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan

and you are not less Muslim than me because those things don’t matter to you at all.

you are not more Muslim than me because you have a beard and wear a turban

and you are not less Muslim than me because your beard and turban are just fashion choices.

you are not more Muslim than me because you know more and can quote more of the Quran

and you are not less Muslim than me because you don't know it at all.

you are not more Muslim than me because you worship five times a day

and you are not less Muslim than me because that doesn't matter to you.

you are not more Muslim than me because you pray in Arabic

and you are not less Muslim than me for praying in Urdu or Punjabi or Hindi.

you have no idea what it means to be Sufi. to be a ghazi, to be a Sufi Saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment