Sindh

Sindh

Friday 28 April 2023

My grandson, when you grow into youth, n’, be able to think for yourself, ____ SHAIKH AYAZ _____ AKSHR


My grandson, when you grow into youth, n’, be able to think for yourself,

 speak the language you like, live in the country, whose shade you find agreeable,

 join the sect you feel in true with; own the religion that seems good enough to you. 



And it’s up to you to believe or not to believe in any ultimate reality, 

I leave in my legacy for you the liberty of thought, 

the liberty that birds have inherited, 

for which there’re no fixed flight   paths, nor any prophets; 



If anyone asks you: 

‘What has your grandpa bequeathed to you?     

     Answer without fear: Liberty’. 

This then for you is my bequest, my prayer. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment