Sindh

Sindh

Monday 19 December 2022

Spin Throughout the Stars ____ AKSHR


Spin Throughout the Stars

 

When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.

A curse and a desire.

A man who wants to know where he’s going.

A woman still waiting for the world to begin.

I follow my heart, it leads me to you.

I think of you sitting on a bench in your neighborhood,

your face tilted toward the sun, your hair a mess of light.

I write your name in the air above me: “Daisy.”

I think of you at a desk, your hands typing on a keyboard.

Your fingers flying over the letters, your lips pursed in concentration.

I think of you at a podium, your voice strong and clear.

I follow my heart, it leads me to you.

This is my poem to you:

I will love you until I die.

____ AKSHR


 

No comments:

Post a Comment