Sindh

Sindh

Sunday 6 November 2022

Here is Your Water ____ AKSHR


Here is Your Water

 

I am head over heels, 

deeply and crazily in love with you

but I have never seen your face

just your eyes, so big,

 and brown, and liquid-deep.

Without them, I would not be here.

I would not have written this poem for you.

You are my reason for everything.

Your smile is my heat-source in the cold of winter;

your laughter is the rain that fills a parched riverbed;

the stars form constellations when they see you laugh;

and the sun burns bright to warm your soul.

The oceans are tumultuous because they miss your touch;

and mountains crumble when you don’t love them back;

and the sky cries hot tears when it can’t see you.

You are the air in my lungs,

the blood in my veins,

the light at my end of a dark tunnel.

I am head over heels, 
deeply and crazily in love with you.

____ AKSHR 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment